Telegram Gateway API - Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in our services.
First, you subscribe to a plan that suits your needs. We recommend you choose a plan with the Trial option.
Then, you will receive a confirmation email for your subscription. Read the instructions in the email entirely.
You need to follow and complete each and every step carefully and patiently. If you miss one of the steps, it won't work for you.
Look in both of your INBOX and SPAM folders of your email account. Most of our customers who had this issue found it in their SPAM folder.
Also, if you have more than one email accounts, make sure you check all of them.
Contact us if you still can't find the confirmation email after you have done all the above.
- Add the gateway's number (i.e. the secret number) to your phone's contact.
- Open Telegram on your iPhone / Android phone.
- Send a "Hi" message to the gateway from your phone's Telegram.
- Expect a confirmation message from the gateway.
This video demonstrates what you need to do to send your first Telegram message:
That's probably because the "other people" did not register with the Telegram gateway. Ask them to say "Hi" to the gateway from their Telegram client like you did. If you are still confused, read the answer to the previous question.
Yes, in some cases.
If you speak English, you and your users register with the gateway by sending a "Hi" message to the gateway.
If you speak Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Ukrainian, you can do so in your native language now!
Just say one of the following: 嗨, 你好, 安安, こんにちは, ハイ, Ching, Ciao, Hai, Hallo, Hola, Hoi, Oi, Salut, Здравствуй, Привіт, नमस्ते, היי, ﻡﺮﺤﺑﺍ
Watch the following video for a demo:
Here are the limits on the size of the message for different message types:
- Text: 800 characters max
- Image: 2 MB max
- Document (e.g. PDF): 3 MB max
If you want to send Telegram messages to your users, you need to first subscribe to a Premium plan.
See the table below to understand what the Premium plan and Enterprise Solution have to offer:
Auto-Renewal option available.
Max is 12 months.
It is unlikely - but still possible. Although we make every effort to prevent spamming (which will surely cause our service to be banned), there's still a chance that it could happen if some users abuse the shared gateway.
The Enterprise Solution can help reduce the likelihood because you are the only user of the dedicated gateway. Contact us for more details.
Subscribe to one of the plans with your existing client ID. Your account will then be renewed.
Check the status code and the output from your REST API call. Take the remediation steps accordingly.
- Observe your daily quota.
- Wait 24 hours and your daily quota will be reset.
- You attempted to send a document / an image but you probably forgot to specify its content in your API call.
- Review your source code and specify the content.
- Check your destination number and make sure that it includes the country code as well.
- If you still get this error after including the country code in your destination number, contact us and we will investigate this with you.
- Check your CLIENT ID and CLIENT Secret. You probably had a typo in them.
- If you can't find any typo in them, your account has probably expired. Renew your account immediately.
Yes, you can cancel your subscription any time. By canceling your subscription, you stop all future payments that are scheduled to happen if you are on an Auto-Renewal plan. Just contact us and we will give you further instructions.
We respond to all inquiries by email. If you don't receive a reply within 36 hours, it's likely that you might have put down a wrong email address. Send in your inquiry again with your correct email address.